Wednesday 3 May 2017

In old Amsterdam....

Hello my friends...today I am bringing you old news....about a trip I took to Amsterdam in November...


...you know me by now...we always let the train take the strain.....

...the typist and I had a little bit of business to do in the week....Buy! Sell!...


...which means business hotels and routine.....

.....but at the weekend we met mum in old Amsterdam...we stayed at a nice little hotel right in the heart of the canal district....




....in the morning we walked all the way across town to the Van Gogh Museum....it was very sunny but also very chilly....

.....we were not allowed to take photos in the Museum itself but they did have some replicas of well known painting in the gift shop....

.....we enjoyed a walk round town....the canals are very pretty....


...oh...and there was the odd expensive bike shop to keep the typist happy....*YAWN*....

....a very good job that the hotel had a roaring fire in the lobby...cold paws all round.....


....and of course Amsterdam is famous for its bikes....

....on Saturday we took a walk to the Rijksmuseum....Amsterdam's most famous tourist attraction....


....they even had stuff for the typist to do....


.....lots of paintings of the Dutch landscape....

....lots of paintings of Dutch people....


...old and new.....

....that's better....


...there are bridges everywhere due to the number of canals.....

....and a museum on every corner....


....we ven went to Rembrandt's house....but he wasn't in.....

...the best way to end the day...a nice warm cafe with some carrot cake...the Dutch certainly understand cakes...



....on Sunday I made sure I looked my best before going out.....

....the Amsterdam Museum this morning...these are the Burghers....*nom nom*...


....

....even a history of the airport....

...all rounded off with a stop at the world famous hole-in-the-wall chip shop.....

...but all good things come to an end....at the Central Station...my home away from home....

....at least we had a little bit of glamour and sparkle courtesy of Eurostar.......

3 comments:

  1. You take the neatest trips. But then I guess if you live in Europe and have so many countries to choose from, perhaps one travels more. Anyway, I'm sure happy we found your post today. It's been so long since we have visited you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving Rembrandt house x I may book a trip ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always love stopping by to see all the fun trips that you go on. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos. Have a fantastic rest of your week.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete

Ello for you. This is where you can say ello for me and leave some forts. I like it when peeple be sayin fings